Dr. Terrance D. Vickerstaff
Membership Committee Chair
Having been led by the Spirit of God to unite
together as ministers of God for the purpose
of advancing His kingdom among men, we
feel inspired to set forth our aims and goals
for the Spiritual improvements of the Huntsville
community through the establishment of the following
1. We believe that the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation and that the Gospel must be proclaimed through a united effort by all Christians in the community.
2. We believe that the local churches can be strengthened through their active participation in a united effort to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
3. We believe that each pastor in the community has a responsibility for carrying the Gospel beyond his own church.
4. We believe that it is profitable for all ministers to come together, uniting their resources in an all-out effort to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ.
To foster this philosophy, we believe that the following goals should be established:
1. To identify areas in the community that are spiritually, morally, and socially deficient.
2. To develop and implement outreach programs which will meet the needs of each particular area.
3. To formulate outreach programs that will bring the entire community together (i.e., city-wide revival meetings).
4. To establish a permanent forum for ministerial interaction.
5. To promote church interaction (i.e., fellowship programs, community-wide choir festivals, Bible-bowls, etc.).
6. To establish a city-wide religious education program (i.e., evening courses for ministers, lay people, counseling classes for ministers, marriage counseling sessions, Gospel music workshops).
Advancement of Colored
Pastoral Care (HAPC)